CLUB-M is an invitation only group of Mindful “U” graduates and mindful advocates that share one thing in common – to continue to “sharpen the saw” by investing in themselves.
CLUB-M is a forum for club professionals who understand the importance of hiring, training, and retaining the “right” employees. In today’s work culture these practices are needed to create a mindful and a healthy and sustainable club culture. CLUB-M promotes practices to help members make more mindful decisions.
Mindful “U”s vision is to help our members become the best version of themselves, so they can lead their team to be more collaborative, creative, and engaged. Our vision is to build a nationwide network of mindful professionals.
CLUB-M IS BY INVITATION ONLY
CLUB-M is comprised of Mindful “U” graduates and mindful advocates. Being mindful is more than a trendy buzzword; it’s a way of life, a belief, and a practice. Mindful leaders are consciously aware of the staff, members, community, plus the brand and assets of the club. They take action by investing in themselves and mentoring their teams.
WHERE & WHEN?
Online: Thursdays at 10:00 PST for 50-minutes beginning May 11, 2023.
Zoom is open at 9:50 am for some social interaction, then weekly sessions begin promptly at 10:00 am.
In-Person: Mindful “U” will host two CLUB-M meetings per year.
One on the west coast and the other on the east coast. Locations and dates TBD.
TOPICS COVERED IN CLUB-M?
Through years of industry research, Mindful “U” has identified specific issues that most club managers encounter in hiring, training, onboarding and retaining the “right” staff.
- The importance of hiring and training employees for attitude, skills and knowledge. The Carnegie Institute studies concluded that attitude is 85% of the components that constitute success. Yet, attitude (mindfulness) is not taught in schools and associations.
- How to reduce stress and enhance engagement. Current studies show that 80% of workers feel stress on the job. Nearly half say they need help in learning how to manage stress, and 42% report their coworkers need such help. 85% of respondents claimed that “interruptions” caused most of the stress at work. What can club managers do to help reduce stress and enhance employee engagement?
- Defining and building a sustainable club culture. 87% of business leaders believe culture is important, and yet only 28% of respondents believe they understand their current culture. Deloitte 2016 Global Human Capital Trends Report.
- Reducing turnover and churn. Employee Benefit News (EBN) reports that it costs employers 33% of a worker’s annual salary to hire and train a replacement. However, 75% of the causes of employee turnover are preventable.
- Applying and measuring education and the impact it has on productivity and employee engagement.
- Work life balance. Happy employees are more loyal, productive, and engaged. How do you create a culture that is supportive?
- Rule of thirds. Champions, potentials, and functionaries. We cover best practices that empower the champions, support the potentials, and manage the less engaged functionaries.
- Professional sustainability – maintaining or growing membership, establishing a co-creative relationship with the board, building a financially sound business, and creating a positive employee culture.
- Mentors, champions, and Influencers. Many club leaders assume the managers have the knowledge, skills and tools to manage their respective teams. Unfortunately, there is a measurable disconnect with managers and their direct reports.
- Investment or expense. Board level support to invest in employee development, education, mentoring, and wellness devices. While nearly every GM surveyed says the number one asset of the club is the staff, most do not invest nearly enough in employee development and education.
- Benchmarking attitude. Is this possible? If so, how can clubs measure it, and more importantly, what can you do to improve your score?
- Defining and measuring club culture and the affect it has on recruitment and retention of both employees and membership.
- Financial challenges and the effect they have on employees’ productivity, focus and attitude.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Be part of a peer group that is unique, supportive, and thoughtful
- Learn new and creative ways of managing
- Build your support network
- Continue to sharpen your saw
- Increase personal and professional value
- Reduce stress level and create greater work/life balance
- Save time – via reduced conflicts, interruptions, turnover, drama, thus allowing for increased focus on what really matters
- Improve personal communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Increase staff retention and employee harmony via innovation and authentic leadership
- Help resolve conflicts faster, easier and in more mindful ways
- Manage in a more inspired and influential way
HOW CLUB-M CAN HELP YOUR CLUB
- Improve the relationship between leadership and management
- Improve relationship between management and staff
- Improve communication, collaboration, and engagement
- Reduce turnover and associated costs of recruiting, training, and onboarding
- Increase chances of achieving club’s strategies and goals
- Enhance employee culture
- Help define your club’s culture and enhance the impact it has on long-term sustainability
CLUB-M Membership Includes:
- Weekly 1-hour education and group discussions
- Weekly 1-hour education and group discussions in the Mindful “U” Core-Topics Discussion Group (Wednesdays at 1:30 pm PST)
- Access to the Mindful “U” Learning Platform and the Mindful “U” community
- Access to CLUB-M recordings and CLUB-M created content
- Multi-Media resource library of curated articles, videos, resources and tools for you and your team
- Exclusive surveys and benchmarking data
- Discounts on leadership coaching, member and employee culture surveys (ClubInsights Partnership), Mindful “U” courses and Mindful “U” merchandise (coming soon!)
Enroll in Club-M Membership: Monthly Club-M Membership is normally $199 per month (or $1,910 for the full year – save 20% by paying for the full year)